Friday, February 27, 2009

200 Lincolns



Assignment: Go to the Chicago Art Department to view the 200 Lincolns gallery and get extra credit.


I drove up there with my girl friend to check it out. It was really nice. After seeing all the Lincolns from our class, I was very impressed with most of the others. There were many in which the concepts were Crystal clear. One piece in particular that stood out to me was the one with Lincoln on the cross as Jesus and to his right was Blagojevich. I couldn't make out who was on the left of him but artistically this piece was really well done. If there was one that I didn't care I'd have to say it was this piece where Lincoln was part of a swimsuit calender with shirtless guys. I just felt there were too many images and too much going on. I just didn't really get it. There were so many that were very cool. Here are some pictures of me at the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment