Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week Three


Assignment: The first draft: To create a mash-up of one of the Lincoln era photos and one of our photos.
Craft: Using Photoshop I cut out the image I wanted from the Lincoln era photo and placed it into my contemporary photo. This was the easy part. Making it look "good" is the true test.
Composition: I chose the two photos that looked like they would fit really well together and they did.
Concept: When I chose these photos I really had no concept in mind. Then when I was done with the first draft, I thought of the concept that "nothing changed". After the critique, I thought to myself that the "nothing changed" concept is rather boring. Looking more and more at the photo I like it less and less. During the critique it was suggested that it would be a good idea that I take a picture of a park bench that shows more of the "modern world" rather than the one I have now, which could be from anytime in history. I really like that concept much more. Another critique was that I need the man to match the photo, so either have him in color or make the photo black and white. I planned on doing this but I never got around to doing so. I might just abandon this photo. I am also thinking about changing the man as well. The assignment was a civil war era photo and this guy doesn't look so much from the Civil war, I don't know what I was thinking when I found this on google but I kept it more so for the pose. I have other photos of "Civil War" soldiers sitting down and these might work just as well if not better. I will continue to try to figure out what works the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment