Tuesday, February 10, 2009

week 4


Assignment: The final draft of our mash-up of a Lincoln era photo and a photo we took.
Craft: I changed my photo completely but stuck with the idea with a bench. I took a photo of a bench in Westfield Mall, hoping it would convey a more modern image. I took a picture of the bench empty and then I took one with my girlfriend sitting on the bench. As far as the photoshop process went, I cut out the photo of John Surratt sitting and placed him on the bench.
Composition: I like this version much better than the first draft. There are still some things I'd like to change. I plan on putting a picture of Lincoln in the photo. Also I want to make the writing more noticeable.
Concept: I figure it's up for interpretation but here's what I thought. The photo is of two people sitting on a bench. They appear to be from different era, just by looking how they are dressed. In the background their is writing on the wall that says, Lincoln speaks. So the people on the bench appear to be waiting. For those who don't know John Surratt was accused of trying to assassinate Lincoln, so they are waiting there for two different reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment